Friday, July 22, 2011

My Natural Poetry

Every where I turn someone is trying to understand why I went natural.
So they check out my kinks, look up and down and then they question me.
They give me a glare like "who she tryin' to be?"
Do I stand out because I no longer conform to the norm or do you feel sorry for me?

It takes a bad chick to pursue it and cut through it.
Pleeeaassseee, don't hate, I did it and I will keep on doing it.
From what my eyes have observed, it IS natural season.
I really don't owe you an explanation or my reason.
I mean, I don't question your straight ends and play with your hair.
So, why do you find interest in me now, as if you really care?

I was the one misled for years, thanks to our great slave masters.
If anything, I owe an apology to my beautiful ancestors.
I was told my dark skin and nappy roots were wrong, denying my Lord's creation.
I settled among others like me, turning away from self-actualization.
However, I now look out into the crowd and see other naturals like me.
We are transforming, transitioning, big choppin' and turning into queen B's.

No comments:

Post a Comment