Friday, June 17, 2011

Dear Brother

When I look at your face I see a hopeless little boy.
I watch how you scope the world and then dream of yourself.
Under your skin lies so much fear and confusion.
You constantly question the plan God has for you.
At times you reach out to me thinking I hold all the answers,
when I truly don't know a thing.
It seems you often look up to me and I think I must protect you with my wings.
If only you could crack the wall that surrounds you
and envision all my eyes can see.
If only you could stand with confidence and
realize God has planted a gift in your hands.
Then maybe, just maybe, you will realize you are just as special as me.
Truly blessed we are, we were delivered in threes.
You often take your third and compare it to ours,
not comprehending we are filled with the same amount.
Never pleased you are, every prize seems too far.
Life is a journey and you hate the roads.
However we all take our own paths.
I just hope one day you notice life isn't easy for anyone, so you go ahead and do the math.
Everyone has their own trials and tribulations yet for some it seems to much to bear.
Just when you think its not fair, remember, God just wants to see how much you care.

No comments:

Post a Comment